School Mission & Beliefs
School Mission Statement:
Highland Secondary School is a caring community, that instills a love of learning, values citizenship, and pursues excellence.
At Highland Secondary School we believe:
- That school should teach knowledge, reinforce values, and develop citizenship to enable students to contribute to our global society.
- That a good school is one that is inclusive, recognizes the individual needs of students, and provides a variety of authentic learning opportunities.
- A successful student welcomes the challenge of learning.
- An effective classroom is one in which all students feel safe, connected, engaged and challenged.
- An effective teacher is one who inspires, motivates and adjusts practice to reflect the diverse needs of students.
- An effective school is one that shares and works toward a common vision.
- A quality instructional program offers a broad range of learning experiences relevant to students and teachers.