Welcome to the Highland Secondary Career Centre!
- Identifying Career Goals
- Work Experience placements and questions
- Information on Work Experience 12
- Train in Trades (formally Ace-it Accelerated credit enrollment in industry training)
- SSA (Secondary school apprenticeship)
- DC (Dual Credit)
- Help with the “Graduation Transitions” program
Ms. Tracey McKinney - Work Experience Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Colin Tinga – Work Experience/Grad Transitions Teacher email@example.com
Career and Education Links and Resources:
- Click the highlighted area to get a copy of the Community Consent Form which students from grade 10 – 12 can complete to document their volunteer hours. Once completed these forms can be kept in the Career Centre and added to your resume, used for the community connections for grad transitions and bursary applications.
More good links and resources for career and education planning:
- https://www.workbc.ca/Resources-for/Resources-for-Counsellors-Teachers-Parents.aspx – An informative booklet that guides parents through career counselling for their child.
- www.educationplanner.ca - Guide to thousands of post-secondary programs in BC, including links to colleges and universities, overview of program length, costs, entrance requirements.
- http://ita.essentialskillsgroup.com/ – Skill guide for most of the trades recognized in the province, particularly useful as it provides resources for skill improvement after the assessment quizzes are completed.
- ITABC is the source for trades and apprenticeship information in BC.