Welcome to the Highland Secondary Career Centre!
Come and see us in the Student Services area! We can help you with:
- Identifying Career Goals
- Work Experience placements and questions
- Information on Work Experience 12
- Train in Trades (formally Ace-it Accelerated credit enrollment in industry training)
- SSA (Secondary school apprenticeship)
- DC (Dual Credit)
- Help with the “Graduation Transitions” program
Ms. Tracey McKinney - Work Experience Coordinator email@example.com
Mr. Jacques Nijhoff – Work Experience Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
More good links and resources for career and education planning:
- https://www.workbc.ca/Resources-for/Resources-for-Counsellors-Teachers-Parents.aspx – An informative booklet that guides parents through career counselling for their child.
- www.educationplanner.ca - Guide to thousands of post-secondary programs in BC, including links to colleges and universities, overview of program length, costs, entrance requirements.
- http://ita.essentialskillsgroup.com/ – Skill guide for most of the trades recognized in the province, particularly useful as it provides resources for skill improvement after the assessment quizzes are completed.
- ITABC is the source for trades and apprenticeship information in BC.